Isolation Time and Ideas for things to do with the Family
Mental health has become more important during this trying and difficult time. It is especially difficult when there are children involved. When you need to spend time staying home you want to find some activities that keep the whole family busy. That can be difficult to do with the financial strain that is put upon everyone. During this difficult time, we are here to help when needed.
Here are many different activities that you can initiate with your group. Some of these will be outlined here for you. Remember there is no need to let finances totally stop you and your family from doing activities together.
1. Now would be a good time to start a garden, even if it is a very small garden. You could also have a tiny farm. Learning how produce grows is a lesson everyone should know. This does not mean that you need a huge garden with all types of produce, just the ones that your family likes. For a small farm idea, build a small chicken coop, get one or two chickens, and a couple chicks. Not only will this be a good way of teaching responsibility, you will get eggs daily and at the end of the year you can have them butchered for meals in your freezer.
2. Do a home makeover. For those of us that are working at home during this pandemic stretch, creating an office space that is also calming will be beneficial to all. The kids can even use it as a school room if they are part of those that are doing home schooling. You could also freshen up the kitchen or lying areas.
3. Purge your closets and dressers. If you can do one area a day you will make progress easily. The items that you decide that you do not need, or clothing you do not wear can be saved and have a sale where you get money for all the items, or you can donate them to places and organizations that need these items. This will also give you an unexpected tax benefit.
4. Start a new hobby. Whether you have always thought about painting or designing, now is the time to go ahead and do it. We are here to help if you need funds to purchase a few items necessary for the hobby. You could make candles or bath soaps to sell online. This could prove to be a great second source of income.
5. Get up and start some physical activity. One of the worst things any of us can do right now is to sit still doing nothing. This is a drain on ourselves physically and mentally. When you sit around, your mood also starts to drop, you do not have the serotonin rushing through your system. Activities such as biking or walking will help to change that and can also be a great mood booster. Besides, staying active will help prevent the dreaded weight gain.
When you are ready and have decided which opportunity would be a great choice for you and your family, contact us.
We can help with a Surecash loan to get the supplies you need. It will only take a few minutes of your time and a few verifications. You will hear back within a few hours.